When you use LinkedIn for business — whether it’s via your personal profile or a company page — pairing your LinkedIn updates with images has consistently been shown to increase comments and sharing.
Stick to the recommended sizes below for the best results. And always make sure to look at your profile and content on multiple devices before finalizing.
LinkedIn image sizes for profile photos: 400 x 400 pixels or larger (recommended)
- LinkedIn can accommodate photos up to 7680 x 4320 pixels.
- And it can handle files up to 8MB, so upload as large as you can to future-proof.
LinkedIn image sizes for profile cover photos: 1584 x 396 pixels (recommended)
- Aspect ratio: 4:1
- Make sure your file is smaller than 8MB.
- Cover photos are cropped differently on mobile and desktop. Make sure to view your profile on both kinds of display before finalizing.
LinkedIn image sizes for company pages:
- Company logo size: 300 x 300 pixels
- Page cover image size: 1128 x 191 pixels
- Life tab main image size: 1128 x 376 pixels
- Life tab custom modules image size: 502 x 282 pixels
- Life tab company photos image sizes: 900 x 600 pixels
- Square logo: At least 60 x 60 pixels
- When posting image updates to your company page, make sure to use PNG or JPG images.
- Use an aspect ratio of 1.91:1.
- The recommended LinkedIn post size is 1200 x 628 pixels.
- This LinkedIn image sizing also applies to LinkedIn Showcase pages.
LinkedIn image sizes for blog post link images: 1200 x 627 pixels (recommended)
LinkedIn custom image size for sharing a link in an update: 1200 x 627 pixels (recommended)
When pasting a URL into an update, an auto-generated thumbnail image may appear in the preview if one is available, along with the article or website title.
But, you can customize it by clicking the Image icon below the text box and selecting a photo from your computer.
- The image should use a 1.91:1 ratio.
- More than the minimum of 200 pixels wide.
- If the image width is less than 200 pixels wide, it will appear as a thumbnail on the left side of the post.
LinkedIn image sizes for ads:
- Company logo size for ads: 100 x 100 pixels
- Spotlight ads logo size: 100 x 100 pixels
- Spotlight ads custom background image: 300 x 250 pixels
- Sponsored content images: 1200 x 627 pixels (1.91:1 aspect ratio)
- Sponsored content carousel images: 1080 x 1080 pixels (1:1 aspect ratio)